Plyometric training is also referred to as ‘jump training’ and it consists of a combination of strength building activities and cardio which causes the muscles to stretch and contract fast, which increases explosiveness.
The best Plyometric boxes are plyometric training essentials which ensure a safe, reliable, challenging and progressive workout rid of injuries. Even though Plyometric boxes are merely boxes for jumping on and off, not all boxes are created with the same craftsmanship or science. They’re also great for box squat training if you want to add something like that to your training program as well.
The soft plyo box has become an indispensable part of the fitness community. Adding the soft plyo box to your workout regime is a terrific way to break the monotony and step up your everyday fitness game. Using this box, allow your body to gradually adapt to new challenges. The foam used in the construction of the soft plyo boxes significantly enhances your joint stability in the process.
Hard plyo boxes are usually made of steel or wood. Usually, the wooden boxes are available at a cheaper rate compared to other plyo boxes. The solid sides of the wood boxes also make it a safer option.
Plyometric training increases the elasticity and strength of the tendons thus making them less prone to wear and tear and improves physical speed and muscular power. They are also a great tool for rehabbing an injury.
Plyo boxes deliver the added benefit of unilateral exercises like single leg step ups or split squats, which could be fantastic for your accessory work needs.
A Spotlight on the best Plyometric Boxes:
Depending on your needs, you’ll want to consider the various types of plyo boxes. The different materials offer different benefits, so take a look at each option below.
1. Wood Box – The standard wood plyo box is usually made out of some form of plywood and is what you’ll see in most CrossFit boxes.
2. Solid Steel Box – They take up less space, are easier to stack, and weigh far less than the wood boxes making them more ideal for beginner athletes and home gym setups.
3. Soft Foam Box – Foam plyo boxes eliminate one problem that wood and metal plyo boxes cannot, which is reduce the chance of injury when doing box jumps or other plyometric training.
4. Adjustable Box – This can be a great addition to your home gym or CrossFit box due to its versatility and space saving qualities.Instead of stacking boxes on top of one another, you simply adjust the box to fit your needs for the WOD or exercise being performed.
BalanceFrom 3 in 1 20″x24″x30″ Foam Plyometric Box Jumping Exercise
If you want to get back into shape, burn away those unsightly love handles, get a strong body from top to bottom, and be a healthy person in general, it’s time to start working out, and there is no better place to start than with the good old box jump.
Be it at home or the gym, this high-density foam box is constructed to support all your exercises from box push-ups, box dips, and step ups to box jumps and other creative activities. This box was designed for people to challenge themselves and improve performance and hence it comes in 3 sizes: 20”, 24” and 30”.
The BalanceFrom Foam Plyometric Box can support up to 350lb of weight. Titan Fitness has given this box a solid foam platform that will be able to undergo countless hours of heavy workout. This plyo box is just soft enough to make you training comfortable and not tip over or tilt while you land your jumps.
This is definitely a wonderful buy for those who want to enhance their regular workout routine with innumerable hours of intense plyometric workout which not only strengthens the leg and core muscles but also contributes to a great total body toning workout. It is built from high-quality foam that promises longevity.
- Time-saving since this box requires no assembly of parts.
- This box has been designed to have a soft and slip-free surface which will not hurt your shins and increase stability.
- Its solid foam platform backs prolonged hours of workouts and heavyweight athletes effectively.
- Might feel wobbly because of its light weight, especially, the 30-inch
Sunny Health & Fitness Foam Plyo Box
The Sunny Health & Fitness 3 in 1 Weighted Pro-Plyo Box with 30″ 24″ 20″ adjustable heights is designed for durability and strength even during the toughest workouts.
Sweat-resistant and tear-resistant cover protects the weighted foam plyometric jump box from corrosion or damage. The tear-resistant vinyl covering protects your box while supporting repetitive workout sessions.
Whether your goal is to jump higher. run faster, or gain more dynamic balance and stability, this box can help you reach your performance goals. With simple assembly instructions, this plyo box is ready to get you jumping sooner than later.
This box is made as a perfect fit for your training level and objective. Anybody and everybody, from professional footballers to weekend warriors can perk up their competitive performance with the most minimal plyometric sessions.
This sturdy box is exactly what you need at your home or fitness studio if you want an effective plyometric workout where you can actively engage your muscles full out without having to worry about tipping over or losing control.
- You can avoid training plateaus and enhance your performance owing to its adjustable heights.
- The foam weighted interior has been so constructed to tolerate the toughest workouts.
- Easy to assemble.
- Even though it can take a load of up to 440lbs, for weight lifters of 300lbs who want to do 50 lb dumbbell step ups using the box, might be pushing it too far with the weight limit.
Yes4All 3-in-1 Foam Plyo Jumping Box
Yes4All Soft Plyo Box is a must-have equipment for any and all fitness lovers. You can use the boxes either for traditional box jumps or incorporate box push-ups, step-ups, lunges and dips into your workout routine. Additionally, the boxes also help boost your jumping ability, foot speed, agility, cardio, total body strength, power and explosiveness.
Built of high dense soft foam, Yes4All Soft Plyo Box provides a comfortable yet firm, secure support for multiple plyometric movements. The PVC covering surface also helps prevent you from slipping and makes it easier on your skin and shins on missed steps.
Simple yet elegant and multi-purpose, our plyo boxes makes sure that people of all levels of fitness can take full advantage of the benefits they provide.
You can be assured of a safe experience while using this box owing to its high density foam which efficiently protects your joints. This box is sturdy enough to support various plyometric activities.
Here is why you should purchase the Yes4All 3-in-1 Foam Plyo Box: it is versatile training equipment that has been made with high quality dense soft foam for safety purposes, easy to adjust and allows you the liberty to personalize your fitness program.
- Saves space, money, and efforts since no assembling of parts is required.
- The PVC covering also makes it slip proof thus saving you from shin scratching on missing steps.
- The PVC covering enables easy and convenient cleaning up of the equipment.
- It is not safe to use Yes4All 3-in-1 Foam Plyo Box on smooth flooring like wood or smooth tiles.
Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box
This wooden plyo box is built like a tank, and perfect for CrossFit! The predrilled and countersunk holes and interlocking joints make this plyo box easy to assemble and very strong. Perfect for all sorts of plyometric box exercises, whether you’re doing box jumps, step ups, box squats, or negative jumps, it’ll do the job.
The edges are sanded down to prevent scrapes on missed jumps. Unique interlocking joints and reinforced internal structure greatly increases the strength of the box and reduces the number of screws needed to assemble. The box has been designed for maximum durability and safe and efficient plyometric training from beginner level to advance.
You can use this compact equipment anywhere, be it in your garage or fitness studio.
Every surface, handle and the edge is sanded to avoid scraping. The larger boxes come with an internal brace for stability and durability. The boxes are shipped flat to save space and money and prevent damage. It already has predrilled holes and interlocking joints which makes assembling the parts hassle free and also very durable.
This box has been approved by personal trainers, US Veterans and Cross Fit Gyms which makes it a must buy for plyometric enthusiasts. Easy to put together, portable and extremely durable, the Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box is perfectly suited for box squats at variable heights.
- The box comes with handles which make it easily portable.
- The box has sand edges and surfaces which makes it safe to use.
- Countersink screws and support are included in the package.
- The box is running the risk of slipping on tiled floors and hence requires a non-slip mat.
Garage Fit Wood Plyo Box
Garage Fit’s 3-in-1 plyo box will ensure your jumping ability increases as much as your confidence due to becoming a winner. The Garage Fit brand offers 16/18/20, 18/20/24, or 20/24/30 height adjustments.
Not only is the box squat box made of construction-grade 3/4″ plywood, but the puzzle joints and bracing means it can take up to 350 lbs of weight. The corners are rounded to stop you from thinking you’ll get hurt, but it doesn’t affect the strength of the 50 pound box. The holes are already drilled, and even with a basic screwdriver you can build the wood plyo box in around 30 minutes.
Rounder wood plyo box corners to eliminate pain when missing a jump.It has huge selection of exercises to choose from. Sturdiness is assured that the box won’t move or break.
The box is a perfect fit for your home, garage gym, college gym or fitness studio. You can use this solid, well constructed, inexpensive plyometric box for your daily burn LTF workouts. You can also carry the box easily with you wherever you go.
- Lots of height options
- Mostly painless assembly
- Rounded edges similar for safety purposes
- Made in China
What Should You Look For When Purchasing a Plyo Box?
Consider the needs of your plyo box before making a purchase. How often will you use it and for what exercises? Are you comfortable putting the box itself together with glue, a drill, and mallet?
1. Box Material – Durability is probably a concern no matter who you are or what you need, so read the reviews carefully and make sure you are buying a safe, sturdy piece of equipment.
2. Safety Needs – Are you comfortable jumping on a plyo box, or do you need reassurance that if you miss a jump, you’ll be covered? Wood and steel are notorious for shin scrapes, so maybe consider a box made out of dense foam if this is a concern for you.
3. Space – If you need/want multiple sizes of boxes, consider how you’ll stack them given the space you have. Adjustable plyo boxes limit the amount you need, and steel boxes are usually stackable in a space saving manner. Wood boxes can be stacked on top of one another, but just keep in mind you can’t stack them to the ceiling.
Owing to its compactness, durability and look, Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box is an excellent choice for plyometric enthusiasts out there. This is one set every athlete, be it a novice or professional, should have for their training routine at the comfort of their home, fitness studio or the gymnasium. It has the best balance between value (i.e., you’re getting a well constructed 3-in-1 box) and price is the most affordable my list.
That said, whether you are adding to your home gym or opening your own CrossFit box, buying the right plyo box is an important decision.